What will your child learn in PE in year 8?
Students will participate in two activities per week.
- The activities will change on a termly basis
- Boys will cover: Rugby, fitness, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, cricket, athletics, team building and softball.
Girls will cover: Netball, fitness, tag rugby, gymnastics, trampolining, hockey, football, Tennis, Rounders, Cricket, athletics and orienteering
How will your child be assessed in PE?
- Students will receive a start, middle and end grade for each sport.
- The students will also receive an overall current grade.
How can you help your child?
- Ensure that they always have their correct kit
- Ensure that when they are ill/injured, they bring in a note and also their full kit.
- Ask your child about the sports they are participating in and encourage them to talk about tactics and skills.
- Encourage your child to attend extra-curricular sporting clubs and activities.
- Encourage your child to be physically active outside of school hours.
How will Independent Study be organised?
- Independent Study will be set every two weeks and students will usually have a week to complete the set task.
- All IS will be accessible via Edmodo the schoolâ€™s homework site.
- Independent Study will be focused on the topic they will be studying that term and will help them to practise vital skills needed to progress in reading and writing.
- Students will be expected to read for pleasure at home and will complete book reviews and presentations on what they have read throughout the year.