What will your child learn in Drama in year 9?
The schemes of learning that year 9 will focus on throughout the year are:
- Commedia Dâel Arte
- âDNAâ by Dennis Kelly
How will your child be assessed in Drama?
Your child will be assessed formally every project. They will complete a baseline, mid-term and then an end of term assessment. The end of term assessment will be used to evaluate their progress throughout the project.
The topics that we study throughout the year have a focus on characterisation, devising, teamwork and performance skills.
How can you help your child?
There are many ways to help and encourage your child to do well in Drama. Here are some of the ways:
- Support with Independent Study tasks ensuring they have completed it and ask them to tell you about what they have done.
- Encourage your child to talk about what they are studying and performing. Ask them about the characters they are playing and discuss their ideas.
- Ask them to show you some of their Drama, the more they perform and practice the more confident they become.
How will Independent Study be organised?
- Independent Study will be set every two weeks and students will usually have a week to complete the set task.
- All IS will be accessible via Edmodo the schoolâs homework site.
- Independent Study will be focused on the topic they will be studying that term, it may be research, line learning or a written task.